Friday, December 12, 2008

Amazon.com's Wedding Photographer Has Advice

Ryan Brenizer has been a wedding photographer that I have long followed. You see, photography and specifically wedding photography is full of established, successful photographers parting knowledge all over the internet and through seminars. Both professionals and amateurs alike can gain tons of additional knowledge by subscribing to blogs and websites from all over our globe and attending affordable seminars. This, of course, never will replace true experience which Ryan talks about in today's Amazon Photography blog...

The best line ever reads, "If commercial photography is a scientist in the lab, then wedding photography is an episode of McGuyver -- it's not about what you can do, it's about what you can do in 30 seconds with the weather, location, and subjects possibly working against you and no second chances."

I couldnt agree more with this statement. I have not had a wedding yet that didnt involve some sort of troubleshooting. Lighting, environments, guests, alcohol, and equipment issues are just some of the scenarios I have had to think my way out of. So, when someone asks me what they need to shoot a wedding, my line is, "A dozen weddings working as a second for real world experience.". Of course, thats usually not what that person wants to hear but its really the best advice. As my brother used to say all the time, "Sh** happends; learning how to deal with it is what life is about."

No comments: