Saturday, September 20, 2008

Susan G. Komen - Race for the Cure

When I grow up, there’s gonna be a cure.

Thats the t-shirt my son will wear on Sunday, October 5th at Disney's Wide World of Sports. My family will be participating in Orlando's 12th annual Race for the Cure. My wife and I have walked this event each year since we met. The only one we missed was when Zach was born. This year, we are members of a team called "Pretty in Pink". If you follow the link you can donate to the Susan Komen research for breast cancer or, better yet, you can join our team and walk with us. Its a special event for my wife and her family and something that is very moving to be a part of. I will, of course, have my camera and challenge any of my bride and grooms to participate. Free photos for all!!

As the organizer and leader of the team, Shannon Stinson of A Belle Soiree Wedding and Events planned a fund raiser to raise additional money for the cure. She partnered with Cynthia at the Pink Heart Boutique, who hosted the event. We had a DJ, masseuse, a couple of gift baskets for a raffle and many other great things. Oh... I almost forgot!! I was there too. Below are some of my favorite photos from the evening.

Dont forget... if you want to participate or, at the very least, donate 5 or 10 dollars go to the "Pretty in Pink" team page and click the "Make a Gift" link on the right hand side.

002_Race for a Cure Benefit
003_Race for a Cure Benefit
006_Race for a Cure Benefit
007_Race for a Cure Benefit
010_Race for a Cure Benefit
012_Race for a Cure Benefit
013_Race for a Cure Benefit
014_Race for a Cure Benefit
017_Race for a Cure Benefit
018_Race for a Cure Benefit
021_Race for a Cure Benefit
022_Race for a Cure Benefit
023_Race for a Cure Benefit
027_Race for a Cure Benefit

2 comments:

WedChick said...

Gosh your pictures are amazing!!! LOVE IT! I need to hurry up and find a man so you can do my wedding!!!!

Make a difference said...

These are really great shots. I do a lot of fundraising events and having pictures that get the feel of the event across are priceless. But on the topic of Susan G. Komen I thought I'd share with your viewers this great website: www.nonprofitshoppingmall.com. Here you can shop at all your favorite retailers AND have a percent of your sales go to Susan G. Komen.

Keep up the good work and ENJOY:)