Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Orlando Weddings on Flickr's Places

So Flickr introduced a new feature the other day called Flickr Places. Its essentially geotagged Flickr Photos. Geo.. what; you say? Geotagging in its simplest form is nothing more than assigning a location (map, Latitude/Longitude, etc) to a certain photo or set of photos. It has existed in Flickr for awhile now, but it has always been a bit slow. Now, the new version is much faster and allows you to narrow your search before you look at a map. Anyway, I digress....

So, I typed in Orlando and was presented with a lot of neat photos of.... you guessed it.... Disney. "Figures!", I mumbled to myself. However, there was a search tool on the left of the page that allowed you to search further in the Orlando geotagged photos. I reluctantly typed "Weddings" and low and behold... one of my pictures pops up. At first I felt very honored... then I realized what it all really meant.....

It meant nothing more than I was one of a few photographers that has actually tagged a photo "Wedding" and then geotagged it in Orlando. I really only saw a couple of "Photographers" in the feed, as the rest were just party snapshots by guests.

Oh well.... it was my 2 and a half seconds in the lime light....

No comments: